Self love is taking care of our mind, body and soul. Learning to honor your soul, your highest self help you to awaken to your full potential, heals your soul sickness, and reframes your reality.
Self-love (or healthy ego) is…
Healthy ego allows us to genuinely appreciate our strengths, accept our imperfections, and love ourselves unconditionally.
- Giving our body the nurturing, rest, exercise, and comfort it needs to the best of our ability.
- Wearing clothes that make us feel good and fit our personality instead of wearing clothes that are in fashion that we use to impress others.
- Accepting yourselves with the good, the bad, the ugly, the sexy, and the weird.
- Trusting the path that our soul is on and making a genuine effort to become a conscious co-creator of our destiny.
- Allowing yourselves to dream Big, without contaminating these dreams with judgments, our perceived limitations, or a lack of sense of deserving.
- Refusing to seek permission or approval to be yourselves.
An unhealthy ego is like a shield, protecting us from the outside world, but also preventing us from loving ourselves and our lives.
Unhealthy ego is….
- Making the needs and wants of others a priority in our lives by devaluing ourselves
- Using substances to comfort, avoid, numb, escape or distract from uncomfortable feelings
- Being reactive, dramatic, defensive or easily triggered
- Worrying about what people think
- Expecting perfection
- Feeling a sense of competition with others
- Feeling jealous or judgmental of other people’s success
Loving you is learning what is good to you, what empowers you, what brings you peace and joy. It’s respecting your boundaries and showing others how to love you right.
- Ask myself: what do I really want?
- Recognize the red flags
- Be conscious of my self-talks, be conscious of what I eat & drink (what I put in my body)
Before connecting to the world (duties, WI FI, distractions,...), devote an hour when you wake up to connect with your Soul, your heart, your body and your mind.
The journey of our soul and self-love really is the journey of a lifetime, and it’s a journey we get to take whether we are aware or not. If you are alive you are on the journey.